:: Walmart Coupon Policy ::
:: Walmart Price Match Policy ::
There have been a lot of questions lately as to Walmart's coupon acceptance policy, especially when it comes to whether or not they will accepts other store's coupons, so I thought I would explain it for you.
Walmart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):
- Manufacturers' coupons
- Print-at-home internet coupons
- Must be legible, have "Manufacturer Coupon" printed on them, have a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and have a scannable bar code.
- Competitors' coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price
- for example, $2.99
- Soft drink container caps
- Checkout coupons
- (also called "Catalinas") that are printed at our competitors' registers, have "Manufacturer Coupon" with specific requirements printed on them, a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and a scannable bar code.
- Print-at-home Internet coupons that require no purchase
- Competitors' coupons for dollars/cents or percentage off, buy one get one free, and double- or triple-value coupons
- Only one coupon per item is permitted.
- Coupons must have an expiration date and be redeemed prior to expiration.
- Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase.
- Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise that we sell.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
- We accept the following with Customer Service Supervisor/Management approval:
- 40 or more coupons
- Any coupon over $20
- $50 or more in coupons in one transaction (I love it when they have to call over a CSM!!! Makes my whole day, because that means I've save too much money! I have a whole group of Walmart employees coming to my next class because they want to learn how to do this too!)
Download the New Walmart Coupon Policy for your binder HERE
It simply means, if it scans, Walmart will accept it. In order for it to scan it therefore would need to be some type of manufacturer coupon. Store coupons accepted include: Walgreens Register Rewards, Target Manufacturer Coupons and manufacturer Catalina Coupons from any store as long as they have a barcode. Store Coupons NOT accepted: Rite Aid Up Rewards, Lowes Store coupons, etc. These coupons are not manufacturer coupons, but rather the bar code is specific to the store and will not scan. It's easy to see by just looking at the bar code that it looks completely different than a normal mfr. coupon bar code.
Just remember: If it scans, you can!
Hopefully this helps you understand the Walmart store coupon policy.
As a note: Walmart DOES NOT price match Walgreens sale prices which include Register Rewards in the pricing or Rite Aid sale prices which include Up Rewards in their pricing.